Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic backups failing with 610

2013-06-04 10:51:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic backups failing with 610
From: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com
To: smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:45:50 -0400
No, that configuration doesn't work either.  You're limited to a single synthetic schedule per policy.

Ken Zufall
Operating Systems Administrator
D660C
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
GTN 446.0592 or 330.796.0592

From:        <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To:        <ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com>, <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
Cc:        <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date:        06/04/2013 10:15 AM

But ,
I think that you can run differential incrementals and synthesize a cumulative  backup.
Then you can use the full and the latest synthetic cumulative and create a new synthetic full.
As you do not mix incremental and cumulative backups you are ok

stefanos