Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic backups failing with 610

2013-06-04 07:34:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic backups failing with 610
From: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com
To: pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:33:26 -0400
We had a similar problem last year, discovered that the problem--for us, anyways--is that you can't have mixed incrementals when using synthetics.  For example, you can run differential incrementals and synthetic fulls; you can run cumulative incrementals and synthetic fulls; but you cannot run cumulative and differential backups and get successful synthetics.  They will work for a single cycle (seed full, mixed incrementals, synthetic full), but the next time a synthetic is attempted it will fail with a 610.

Took us months to figure that one out and that was working with Symantec support.

Ken Zufall
Operating Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company