Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Quick Erase Script (Windows)

2013-04-25 13:28:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Quick Erase Script (Windows)
From: "Infantino, Joe" <JINFANTINO AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:28:43 -0400
I used the "media_deassign_notify" script.  Put this in your
..\netbackup\bin directory.  This is for linux but can be made to run in
Windows.  Just make sure to not use the robot number of the actual
library.  We had 2 VTLs at this location and robot 0 was a tape library.
I'm sure it could be cleaner but it worked so we left it alone.

$4 = robot number
$1 = mediaid

Just put the following at the end of the script.

if [ $4 -eq "1" ]
then
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -o -m $1 -d hcart -p Scratch
elif [ $4 -eq "2" ]
then
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -o -m $1 -d hcart -p Scratch
else exit 0
fi

Joe Infantino
MCP, MCSA, Security+, ITILv3