Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem Adding 7.5 Appliance to 7.5 Traditional Master Domai

2013-03-27 18:21:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem Adding 7.5 Appliance to 7.5 Traditional Master Domai
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 17:21:09 -0500
The master server was an already running Master with the same keys I'm using everywhere else with Appliances, both PureDisk and Media Server types, so I knew it wasn't my keys.

It did end up being related to a license key, though. The license provided with the appliance expired Jan 13, 2013, so simply changing the date back to something before this date (but not too far as that won't work either) allowed it to work. I used Jan 10th successfully. I also had to pull the NTP server as it would obviously correct the time to the current date once it ran again.

In Symantec's defense, our deployment project stalled for a significant time and so we're just getting back to these. Had we installed them closer to the time we received them, we wouldn't have run into this issue. However, I still lost some valuable time messing around with it.

-Rusty

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM, tsimerson <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Make sure that you are adding the license keys to the master server also.  That is where the issues are actually occurring.  The media server attempts to run the configuration tools but the tools are actually making changes on the master server.

You don't have to add every license key on the master.  Just one of each type needs to be put there.