Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMp SAN Data flow

2013-02-07 11:44:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMp SAN Data flow
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 22:14:02 +0530
Hello Geeks,

I have little confusion about data flow of NDMP DUMP in SAN environment.
We have few NDMP backups configured in our environment.

Netbackup 7.5
Windows 2008
Tape drives are shared between three media servers and 5 NAS boxes.

Tape drives are authenticated to NAS boxes via Production as well as backup LAN.
NDMP backups were happeninf via NAS0001 name and throughput was too slow .
Recently i configured backup via backup lan ,NAS0001-bu and backup throughput is increased like 50MB/Sec and earlier it was 7-8Mb/Sec

The question is as data flow is via san as Drives are zoned to NAS box.
So ,why speed has increased when changed backup to happen via production LAN.

Thanks,
PranavB