Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpstart linux and multi streams

2013-02-01 07:56:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpstart linux and multi streams
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:55:52 +0000
On a quick check it appears the command does not come in with Linux client
install but does with Linux media server install.

I notice on my Linux media server that I have both the Linux script AND the DOS
bat file:
ls -l /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify.bat
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root daemon 2116 Feb  3  2011
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root daemon 3201 Feb  3  2011
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify.bat

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify.bat: MS-DOS batch file text
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bpstart_notify:     Bourne shell script text
executable

Notice the the scripgt does not have a suffix.   I'm wondering if perhaps your
Windows media server has both the batch file and the scrip?  If so you may be
able to transfer the file from your Windows media server to your Linux client.
 (Of course the question would then come whether NetBackup accepts bpstart from
a client vs from a media server - I don't use bpstart so couldn't really guide
you on that.)