Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] There are no files matching the specified criteria

2012-09-21 13:39:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] There are no files matching the specified criteria
From: Sarah Duncan <sarah_duncan AT wgbh DOT org>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:39:15 +0000

This is an answer to an old thread about this problem:

when I try to restore files from a backup the NetBackup GUI reported "There are no files matching the specified criteria."

I’m having the same problem.  I’ve been working with Netbackup for 10 years.  I know 100% for sure this is not user error on my part.  This happens to me when I’m trying to restore from a backup of an extremely large number of files.  When I go to restore them, it looks to me like the console simply times out.  Like the original poster, I’m running netbackup on a Solaris master, though I’m running a newer version: 7.1.0.3.  Back in the day when catalog files were stored in .Z format, I could uncompress big ones manually before trying to run a restore from a very large backup, but I’m not aware of any trick I can use on the current catalog format.  Anyone got any ideas?  I’m going to look at the command line and see if it can help me...

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

Sarah Duncan

UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator