Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remote NDMP Restore Fails - FGAS2020 seen as Read Only Files

2012-08-03 19:08:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remote NDMP Restore Fails - FGAS2020 seen as Read Only Files
From: joe1871 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:08:06 -0700
Daniel - I have never, in my 30 years of IT work, had an answer that so
immediately solved my problem.  Thank you - that was exactly the issue.  I
changed the restore destination path to the top level volume, and the restore
ran immediately.  Outstanding!  I have been working this issue with Symantec
Support for close to three weeks.  They had me trying all kinds of arcane
things.  Occams Razor!!  Simplest solution is usually the best.

Thanks Daniel - you saved me a lot of agony.  I really appreciate the help.  If
you are in the bay area I'll buy you a beer sometime!

Joe