Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMWare Backup Maximum number of LUNS that can be presented to windows 2008 R2

2012-07-27 10:35:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMWare Backup Maximum number of LUNS that can be presented to windows 2008 R2
From: Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:05:39 +0530
VMWare Backup Maximum number of LUNS that can be presented to windows 2008 R2

Hi All,

This is the configuation of our NetBackup Master Server

Operating System :Windows 2008 R2  Standard x64
Processor : Intel Xeon 3.6o GHz x64
RAM : 12GB

We are in the process of implementing vstorage Backup with NetBackup.

In order to use SAN transport medium we would need to present all ESX luns

Currently our ESX infrastructre has 200 LUNS.

Would it be possible to present 200 LUNS on this box ? This box will be our VMware Backup host

As per windows fourms there is no limit as longs as we dont give them drive letter.
We have automount and auto scrub disabled as well

Anyone who has done Vstorage/VCB implemntation please share best practices