Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] options for reporting other than OpsCenter?

2012-07-17 15:22:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] options for reporting other than OpsCenter?
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:22:05 -0700
I have experience with various reporting tools. These include "WysDM", Backup
Profiler by Solarwinds, and OpsCenter with Analytics.

The info you want out of OpsCenter will require you to write your own SQL code
to generate the report and format you want. Profiler does a great job and has a
lot of canned reports. All the reporting tools use the same command sets to
extract the info from the backup product and stores that info in a database for
the end-user/admin to generate reports from. Even with the Advanced Analytics
(the one you purchase to run with OpsCenter) has a lot to be desired about
reporting and the info you need/want. We've had to write custom sql scripts to
get the info and format we need out of OpsCenter.

So far, the tool I like best for monitoring and reporting is the Solarwinds
tool....Backup Profiler.