Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image cleanup jobs

2012-06-18 17:31:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image cleanup jobs
From: Howard Graylin <hgraylin AT cspire DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:31:26 +0000
We recently upgraded our PureDisk environment to 6.6.3a and all of a sudden we’re getting 30 – 40 Image Cleanup jobs running at the same time.  The first time it occurred, support killed a PID that was hung, but this time that doesn’t seem to be the case. Jobs will run for hours, then die, then the next in line seems to pick up where the other left off. I have a case open with Symantec, but am wondering if others have seen this problem.  I’ve not applied the EEB that came out after 6.6.3a based on a recommendation from a backline engineer.

Thanks,
Howard