Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Hardware & OS upgrade blues

2012-05-30 17:54:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Hardware & OS upgrade blues
From: Robin Small <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 21:54:34 +0000

On RHEL, lsscsi works pretty well too for listing out your robot resources at the OS level..

Did you put SELinux into permissive (at least) mode, to get it out of the way?

I had some problems getting RHEL6 to work with 6.5.x (and have since upgraded it up to 7.5.x), it turned out to be the 32- vs 64-bit installer base. I had to install a *ton* of 32-bit compat libraries to get it to see the drives. I don’t really have an exhaustive list, it was dredging through log & error files to get the right things installed (and doing a lot of “yum search” & “yum provides”).

~ Robin