Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need Information on Limiting the bandwidth via SLP

2012-05-25 11:35:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need Information on Limiting the bandwidth via SLP
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:35:42 +0100

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO70618

Cheers,
Nic

From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Hemant Gambhir
Sent: 25 May 2012 15:58
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Hi,

I need one information on the SLP but befre that let me explain my setup.

I've one Master server and under that there are 6 Media Servers. - Total 7 servers

Server Names: Server 1 to Server 6 (All Media Servers)

Server 1 Media server is taking backup of all the clients in the dedupe pool and I've configured SLP and duplication jobs are running on Server 2 & it is happening over WAN to the dedupe pool which is configured on all the media servers.

I want to limit my bandwidth which is used at the time of duplication.

For e.g. I've 100Mbps of link I want to limit the duplication jobs to use only 30 Mbps and at any cost duplication jobs should not exceed this limit.

Can anyone please assist me on the same.

If the scenario is not very clear please let me know what further information is required.

Regards

Hemant Gambhir

The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential. It is intended only for the named address(es) and may not be disclosed to anyone else without Attenda's consent.