Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Device Config on Redhat server

2012-05-24 06:59:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Device Config on Redhat server
From: Zaka777 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 03:59:25 -0700
Hi, i am trying to install a new server with tape drives attached. Client has
7.1.0.2 installed.

the tapes drives have been zoned on to the server however Netbackup is unable
to see the new drives.

running cat /proc/scsi/scsi shows the devices so i guess the OS is happy with
it. according to the Netbackup device config guide as long as the devices are
listed using this command then Netbackup should see the devices. but in my case
i get no removable devices found.

running ./scan brings back nothing either.  i haven't been able to reboot the
server yet as its not allowed and im hoping that i can resolve this without a
reboot.

i have setup other Linux servers with the same spec and versions without any
problems. anyone got any ideas?