Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Help with LTO5 encryption

2012-05-22 10:46:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Help with LTO5 encryption
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "'Preston, Douglas'" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:46:37 -0400

Hi,

You need LTO-5 tape drives to read the media.

You need the NBKMS key dir: /usr/openv/kms, have them quiesce the DB on their side or stop services tar that dir, and then place it on your master server and run nbkms (starts the nbkms service), then you need to import those tapes then restore.

You should also be at the same version of netbackup or greater for what you are importing.

Justin.