Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DR for Netbackup Catalog 7.1.0.4

2012-04-23 15:38:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DR for Netbackup Catalog 7.1.0.4
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "Jimenez, Daniel" <Daniel.Jimenez AT owb DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:38:38 -0500

Assuming that the catalog isn’t much different in 7.1.0.4 as it is in 7.1 here is a rundown of how we handle our catalog backups during DR exercises.

We backup the catalog and the associated DR file to the data domain via an NFS share on our master server.  This directory on the data domain is setup to replicate via standard directory based replication to our second data domain at our DR site.

We have a lights out master server with exactly the same name, IP etc.. in a rack at our DR site.  At time of disaster we spin up this server, start netbackup and mount the replica data domain exactly as it’s mounted in production.

We copy the most recent DR file from its location on the data domain to /usr/openv/netbackup/db and then point the netbackup catalog restore wizard to this location.  The actual catalog restore takes about 30 minutes.

Mark Glazerman

Desk: 314-889-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to