Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.5 Operational Restore or Search & Hold ??????

2012-04-19 05:14:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.5 Operational Restore or Search & Hold ??????
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Anurag Sharma'" <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>, "'veritas-bu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:13:04 +0300

Hello,

Let’s say that you are a  backup admin working for a big company.

One day they found that someone inside your company was spying for benefit of a competitor.

Your supervisor came to you and say: “Please find all files of the user x and keep them infinity or at least up to the end of the court  as we will sue  him.”

I can only imagine what work the admin has to do in order to fitful this request. And he has to keep track all changes in order to revert them.

With search and hold, symantc says, that this task is a please of cake. And when you “un-hold”, the images return to the original retention.

If you are in “per terabyte” license model, then it is free.

PS. I have not play with this option. I will when I will have time.

stefanos