Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Maintenance pack sanity check, please?

2012-03-30 15:58:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Maintenance pack sanity check, please?
From: Joel Sadler <null AT spack DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but want to dbl check.

I have a situation where I have upgraded one media server in a Storage
Unit Group to 7.1.0.3 but the other member in the group is still at 7.0. I
removed the media server that I upgraded from the STUGroup before the
upgrade.

I'm operating under the assumption/belief that it's not going to be happy
fun day if I re-add the upgraded media server to the STUGroup *before*
upgrading the other member.

I'm not really concerned so much with the STU getting upset -- it's just
talking to the media servers over well established channels. My concern is
that there might be subtle differences between versions that might cause
issues in the event we needed to restore and (due to the load balancing
aspect of the STUGroup) some of the data comes from 7.1.0.3 and some from
7.0.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
jcs