Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting Status 96 with 201 scratch tapes

2012-03-09 13:14:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting Status 96 with 201 scratch tapes
From: David McMullin <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:14:33 -0500
What is the output of this command:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -list_scratch

Is your defined scratch pool what you expected?

I run a cron job that verifies my available scratch tapes and sets my pool
several times a day, ever since I found there is a bug in the java gui that can
set a pool as scratch by mistake...

This command will set it for you: (my scratch pool is named scratch_pool)

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -set_scratch scratch_pool

Message: 6