Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need help choosing backup solution

2012-03-07 15:16:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need help choosing backup solution
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:15:57 -0800
Wayne,
I don't purchase the software, I just support it.
We have over 117 master backup servers.
60+ are Netbackup
40+ are Legator Networker
and
< 6 are Backup Express
< 10 are Backup Exec

For simplicity of install and support - Backup Express
For bulletproof once you have it all setup and working - Legato Networker
For total flexibility and the expense to go with it - Netbackup

If I wasn't helping to support 100+ master backup servers, every backup
product, and backing up over 8 PB of data every month....then I'd probably
suggest something a bit more affordable. But we do get stuck in our "clouds of
support" and we become oblivious to costs because we aren't involved in the
cost of the product.....it's just handed to us and told....here....make it
work.  [Wink]