Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??

2012-02-24 01:27:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:27:19 -0600
Mark,

Since it seems like you have resolved the issue, I'm curious what lead you
to setup a remote media server at your DR site and not a separate domain?
With 7.x you can utilize the AIR functionality of SLP to send the image to
the remote Master server. This would keep you from having to promote the
media server to the Master role and then changing the primary copy.

-Rusty