Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drives not available error

2012-02-22 10:28:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drives not available error
From: sql_noob <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:28:33 -0800
i have a HP tape robot with 3 LTO-4 drives on a master/media server. we use it
to backup a few servers, nothing major.

all my policies are set up to use the max number of drives

lately i've noticed that sometimes NB will not use a drive even though one is
available, up and should be used. did some googling around and it seems to be a
bug on version 6.5.x which we are on. maybe even on 7.x

has this been fixed on 7.x or is it still a problem? and anyway to fix it other
than a reboot?