Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBAC Solaris Master

2012-02-13 11:55:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBAC Solaris Master
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:52:54 -0600
We tried to set it up and before we knew what was going on, our entire NBU
environment started slowly going south.

In the end, the most helpful thing I can tell you is that if stuff starts going
nuts, all that's needed to get NBU to ignore any NBAC configs is to change the
USE_VXSS bpconf entry on the master server to = PROHIBITED.  That basically
tells NBU to ignore any VXSS stuff you may or may not have managed to get
configured on any of your servers.  For what it's worth, the Symantec TC who
helped us with that bpconf entry told us that he tries to steer customers away
from NBAC wherever possible.

We met with our Symantec sales team last week and they informed us that the new
ops center coming out with 7.5 has the ability to offer varying levels of
access to NBU services in a much more user friendly application.  We're going
to give this a go when it's available as we need our helpdesk to have the
ability to perform restores of remote file server data for users.  We've been
told we can do this without giving them access to restore everything from
everywhere.

Thanks,

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to