Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client not seeing Master

2012-02-01 17:04:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client not seeing Master
From: tsimerson <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:04:13 -0800
Spot on, Justin, with the logging.  Best diagnostic tool.  I would guess that
the firewall rules on the master server are blocking the connection (just
because it is Windows 2008 R2).

There is no longer any kind of driver that Symantec supplies.  They chose (IMHO
the right choice) to leverage the system to properly see the devices.  If you
have properly configured tape drives and media changer listed in your device
manager, then NetBackup should see them and automatically configure them.

You will ultimately need to add the client to the master server under one of
the backup policies but that should not be needed during the initial
installation.