Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Client not seeing Master

2012-02-01 15:20:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Client not seeing Master
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "'McDonald, James F. II'" <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:20:35 -0500

Hi,

Rather than guessing—mkdir /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd on the master, client (or Windows equivalents) and set VERBOSE = 5 on the master, client—what does it say in the logs after doing that + trying to initiate a backup?

I would not recommend using the 32-bit client; regarding the Symantec driver I will defer to someone who is running a Windows master server.

I’d also recommend moving to 7.1 if you have a small environment, else wait for 7.5; it should be out soon from what I hear.

Justin