Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and Enterprise Vault File System Archive (FSA)

2012-01-30 03:44:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and Enterprise Vault File System Archive (FSA)
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:44:08 -0000

This is a little off topic, but I would like to know anyone that is using File System Archive EV (and not the Exchange EV) on file servers and using NetBackup.

I don’t want to delve too deep here, but I am having some issues with FSA where users have moved placeholder files, and now the placeholder doesn’t link up to the location where the file was originally archived.

I am doing a call to Symantec, but it is worrying that restoring the Data from NBU is resulting the files failing to open.

Anyhow, if anyone on the list is using FSA, could you please let me know…...

Regards

Simon