Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 DAG private backup network failover provision

2012-01-25 12:37:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 DAG private backup network failover provision
From: "Herbert.George" <George.Herbert AT SunTrust DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:37:42 -0500

I am curious if anyone has implemented backups for Exchange 2010 DAG over a private backup network.

If the Exchange setup were an ordinary cluster, we could create a cluster resource for the backup NIC and have it reregister on another server if the main server fails.  On exchange 2010, I understand that the is no real cluster but only a “pseudo”-cluster.  I am at a loss as to how to handle this.

Thanks,

George Herbert

SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Live Solid. Bank Solid.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

By replying to this e-mail, you consent to SunTrust's monitoring activities of all communication that occurs on SunTrust's systems.

SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. Live Solid. Bank Solid. is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.

[ST:XCL]