Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives

2012-01-18 09:10:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives
From: "Bahnmiller, Bryan E." <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
To: "Wilcox, Donald A (GE Global Research)" <wilcox AT ge DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:10:13 +0000

Donald,

                Do you have the latest tape configuration files on your NetApp? Run a “storage show tape supported” on the filer and check. I ran a quick check on mine and don’t see any LTO5 drives listed as supported (OnTap 7.3.1.1).

                Check NOW for updated “tape_config” files. (NOW seems to be broken for me right now.) You can copy the new tape_config files onto the filer and it should pick them up. You may have to rescan your tape buses to recognize them.

                                Bryan

I have some new LTO5 drives and 2 of 4 of my netapps won’t show the drive serial numbers.  I have checked switch ports, os levels, hba model and firmware.  They are all exactly the same.  I am connected to a brocade switch and have the drives zoned properly.  The netapps see the drives but if I run storage show tape on the nas it has a generic serial number instead of the serial number of the drive.  This is preventing me adding these new drives.  Has anyone seen this?

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.