Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives

2012-01-18 06:58:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives
From: "Wilcox, Donald A (GE Global Research)" <wilcox AT ge DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:56:35 +0000

I have some new LTO5 drives and 2 of 4 of my netapps won’t show the drive serial numbers.  I have checked switch ports, os levels, hba model and firmware.  They are all exactly the same.  I am connected to a brocade switch and have the drives zoned properly.  The netapps see the drives but if I run storage show tape on the nas it has a generic serial number instead of the serial number of the drive.  This is preventing me adding these new drives.  Has anyone seen this?