Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MISSING PATH for tape devices in RHEL5 for NetBackup 7.1

2012-01-13 09:28:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MISSING PATH for tape devices in RHEL5 for NetBackup 7.1
From: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>
To: "'Lightner, Jeff'" <JLightner AT water DOT com>, "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 06:28:21 -0800

I don’t have any *nix media servers but on windows I would look in

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\media\drives

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\media\tpreq

Delete anything in that folder on the media server that is showing MISSING PATH for the drives.

I think you would find it in  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/drives and /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/tpreq

Doug Preston

We are running a NetBackup 7.1 media server on RHEL5.   The tape paths all show as missing in