Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] TIR files on the client

2012-01-05 02:30:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] TIR files on the client
From: Gregory Demilde <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:30:49 +0100

Patrick,

Indeed when TIR is activated, NBU stores information on the client. This is is named like tir_info.<policy>, any other file could be removed.  Do not remove the active tir_info file otherwise your next backup will be a full (if TIR is still activated).

By experience, I noticed that NBU is not deleting correctly temporary tir_info files on the client and that a regular check and cleaning is needed.

Besides on storing information on the client it is also storing information in the catalog, basically the header files of every backups contains the full list of files present at the time of the backup.

Greg