Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quantum i6000 cleaning tape failures due to bad memory chip

2012-01-04 11:31:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quantum i6000 cleaning tape failures due to bad memory chip
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:31:29 +0000

We have the Quantum i6000 tape library with LTO5 drives.   Although the library performs well we are seeing messages about cleaning tapes failing with memory chip errors about once a month.   In December Quantum recommended firmware update of the library and the drives and that was done.   However at the start of this month we have another one of these failures.

We’re discussing with Quantum but I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this and if they’ve gotten a resolution?

Athena®, Created for the Cause