Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBAC Setupclient 17-open pipe failed

2011-12-20 09:43:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBAC Setupclient 17-open pipe failed
From: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:42:59 +0100

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpnbaz -SetupClient xxxxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy.zzz
Gathering configuration information.
looking for xxxxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy.zzz
Specify password for pre 7.0 hosts:
Setting up NBAC on target host: xxxxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy.zzz
bpcd on the target host 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy.zzz' failed to generate credential
s.
bprd failed while attempting to configure NBAC on target host 'dk01sne001.scsupp
ort.int', error code: 17-pipe open failed.
The file: SetupClient.nbac has been updated in the current directory with result
s of this operation
The configuration of some target hosts did not complete. Please check your log f
or more details.

As the  xxxxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyy.zzz client is in another subnet than the main part of our clients I suspect it might something blocked in the firewall

Has somebody experienced this error before ?

Regards

Michael