Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to "Request terminated by tpunmount call"

2011-12-13 09:25:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to "Request terminated by tpunmount call"
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:25:15 +0000
As robots age everything gets worse.   I'd used the STK L700 or OEMed versions
of it for years.  However the last few years of the one we had here made our
lives a bit miserable.  Drives failed more often, the hand had to be replaced
2-3 times and various other quirks.   (That robot was here when I got here 7
years ago and I think it was already 3 years old then.)

We did periodically see something like "unexpected rewind during write" on
drives and would have to replace them.   Once that unexpected rewind occurred
all backup images on the tape become suspect.