Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMware5 and NetBackup 7.0

2011-12-06 01:24:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMware5 and NetBackup 7.0
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:24:43 -0000

Morning
I wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on this question, because I am not able to find the "official" answer.

VMware announced several months ago about vmware5. However, reading on some Symantec "Blog" sites, they talk about VMware5 being supported in NetBackup 7.5.

Well, we are at 7.0.1 and I was kind of hoping that NetBackup and VMware5 would work in harmony.

It is a little puzzling, because another product called VEEAM supports VMware 5 already. Should I really have to change to a different product to get support?

If anyone either from Symantec, or anyone that has deployed VMware 5 can advise, this would be apprecaited, as I think its a bit foolish to upgrade to the later product if your backup solution doesnt meet the support requirements.

Thank you for your help and any input :-)

Regards

Simon Weaver