Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Robot inquiry/poll/how well does your robot/s work?

2011-12-05 13:10:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Robot inquiry/poll/how well does your robot/s work?
From: Jack.Forester AT mylan DOT com
To: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:09:57 -0500
We're using 256K buffer size and 512 buffers.  We use Maxell brand tapes.
How long was it before you started to have problems due to tape head wear?

We only use tapes for off-site vaulting of backups.  We initially write to
disk, then duplicate to tape.  What I think helps us most is that we are
10G ethernet front to back, and have a dedicated 10G VLAN for backup
traffic between the media servers and DataDomain and multiple connections
between them.
--
Jack Forester, Jr.
Sr. Data Protection Administrator