Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Vm query on Annotations ?

2011-11-24 09:29:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vm query on Annotations ?
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:29:23 -0400
On 11/24/2011 08:38 AM, Michael Graff Andersen wrote:
> I not certain how the query works when using the Annotations field, have
> looked at the manual and technotes but still need some clarification

Hi Michael,

We've been using the Annotations field of the VMs as our primary
indicator for the backups.  Something like this:

Datacenter Contains "DRS_DC"
AND HostFolder Contains "Prod"
AND Annotation Contains "vm_production_no_vray"

The "vm_production_no_vray" is written on the summary (free form) field
of the annotations. I haven't used it with key-value pairs you can enter
on the "Annotations" (your case).  That seems a little tricky:  should
you enter just the value? or the complete key-value pair? Maybe it
doesn't work at all with the key-value pairs.  Did you check the
Netbackup 7.1 for VMware Admin guide?

Anyway, I've been thinking on getting rid of the queries (for the client
selection)  and go back to manually specifying  the VMs because,  with
the query system, I can't right-click the policy and launch a backup for
particular VM.  It's an all or nothing affair.

Regards,
Jorge