Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!

2011-11-17 20:00:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:00:13 +1100
The LTO Ultrium compatibility is defined with two concepts demonstrating investment protection: 1) An Ultrium drive can read data from a cartridge in its own generation and two prior generations. 2) An Ultrium drive can write data to a cartridge in its own generation and to a cartridge from the immediate prior generation in the prior generation format."

So an LTO4 drive should be able to read an LTO2 tape, but not write to it.