Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: socket read failed ??

2011-11-16 11:55:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: socket read failed ??
From: rico78 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:55:05 -0800
Hi folks,

Back again with my problems!
I've got a solaris 5.10 server with Netbackup 6.5 (which hostname is
master_server for the example) on which I'm trying to configure the clients!

I've got one client , called for instance win2003_client1 under windows 2003 on
which I installed the netbackup client.

>From the NB java console in the host properties,  I can see in the client
>properties that server win2003_client1 but I can't establish a communication.
I get error:

socket read failed (status 23)

Yet, from the Netbackup master server, I can ping  win2003_client1! The
hostname of the client is well resolved!
I followed alos the instructions
(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54563&key=15143&actp=LIST)
 given by Netbackup on possible dns issues:
I added in /etc/hosts on the master server the hostname and ip address of the
client, and on the client, I added in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
the master server ip address and hostname

>From the master server:
- when I do a bpclntcmd -hn win2003_client1, it returns the correct information
on ip address and name
- a telnet win2003_client1 13782 does connect (is it normal however that the
telnet session ends after 5 sec?ie connection closed by foreign host)

>From the windows client:
- a telnet master_server 13782 does connect well
- command bpclntcmd -pn returns
  'expected response from server master_server
  win2003_client1 win2003_client1 192.168.x.y 1267

Any other suggestion to look at why the connection can't be done?

Thanks in advance!