Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!

2011-11-15 13:32:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!
From: Bishop <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:32:00 -0800
OK, so I took over the full backup operations of my company 2 months. my
longterm task was to switch the media server (which is in a secure state of the
art data center) to be the master, and the master server (which is in a closet
behind me in my office, no power reserves/generator) to be the media server.

Its a plan I had put off since a fellow classmate who is a storage engenier
told me it wouldnt be possible without calling in symantec to do it. but now
after having 3 power outages in the past 2 months its become a plan I have to
have for the Director of IT by weeks end.

so is this easily doable?
doable at all?
any ideas?