Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: can't find any media device ??

2011-11-10 16:17:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: can't find any media device ??
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: "SIBLEY, Ken R. - ACCOR-NA" <Sibley_Ken AT accor-na DOT com>, VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:17:08 -0600
If none of that leads to anything, you will need to follow these high
level steps:

This is all discussed in the NetBackup Device Configuration Guide. I
highly recommend reading that.

Connect or zone the robot and drive(s) to the server, this may require a
reboot if SCSI attached
Execute devfsadm -c tape on the server
Make a copy of the existing /kernel/drv/st.conf file
Edit the st.conf file to add lines to support the number of SCSI devices
or enable FC tape support if needed
Navigate to the /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver directory
Edit the existing sg.conf and sg.links files in this directory to add your
devices
Run the sg.install file (if you are prompted to to rm -f the sg driver, do
so and re-run sg.install)
Verify sgscan and scan now pick up the devices
If not, they have not been configured properly and you will need to figure
out the issue and redo these steps
Run the Device Confiuration Wizard and it should find your robot and
drive(s) and configure them for you

-Rusty