Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BackupExec 2010 R2 Job Rate Very Slow

2011-10-23 16:21:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BackupExec 2010 R2 Job Rate Very Slow
From: Brian Marsee <BMarsee AT rts DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:21:33 -0500

Hello All,

Currently running backexec 2010 R2 and the backups are writing to Data Domain.  The job rate and performance is extremely slow and backups for a 1TB exchange server are running extremely long (20+ hours)!  I can see from the data domain auto support that backupexec is only pushing a single backup stream.  Is there a way to increase the number of backup streams in backupexec to get better performance?  I have ensured that the speed and duplex settings on all servers, switches, and data domain are hard coded to 1gb full duplex.  Is there something else that could be related to the very slow performance?

Thank You,

Brian