Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] FlashBacup - Restore Question

2011-10-11 10:21:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] FlashBacup - Restore Question
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:21:45 -0400

The “stream” options are the same on a Flashbackup policy as they are on any other.

Policy > Allow Multiple Data Streams – creates one backup job per item in the file selection list

Media Manager Storage Unit > Multiplexing / streams per drive – number of jobs that can write to a tape simultaneously

I don’t multiplex because I write to disk. I use the multiple data streams option to break the backup into multiple jobs. That way, if the e: fails (for example) the job continues with f:, g: etc… I also limit the number of jobs per policy to 1, so the e:, f:, g: etc… do not run at the same time. I limit the jobs because e:, f: and g: may be on the same raid group, in which case they share the same disk performance.

-Jonathan