Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Raw partition restore on Windows, Netbackup 7.0.1

2011-10-08 13:27:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Raw partition restore on Windows, Netbackup 7.0.1
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 18:27:26 +0100
Restore type should be normal backup, not raw for windows volumes.

Also, be careful of processes locking the volume when the restore starts - it
will run through the entire restore and complete with a status 1... Easy tell
that it is working - accessing the target volume once the restore is streaming
will show "volume not accessible" or similar.

Sent from my iPad

On 8 Oct 2011, at 18:14, "python_guru" <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with redirected raw partition restore from
> FlashBackup-Windows policy.
>
> I followed
> http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH166218
>
> I selected "Raw Partition Backups" restore type,  specified the destination
> drive letter in the correct format - \\.\D: and restore completes
> successfully, but the partition is not accessible - Windows reports it as
> RAW, not NTFS
>
> I was just wondering whether anyone else has experienced something similar.
> If the original partition was NTFS, it should be restored as NTFS and be
> accessible immediately after restore finishes?

The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential.
It is intended only for the named address(es) and may not be disclosed to
anyone else without Attenda's consent.