Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS 8.0.2 and NBU 7.1(.0.2)

2011-10-06 15:45:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS 8.0.2 and NBU 7.1(.0.2)
From: "Scott Jacobson" <sjacobso AT novell DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, "Rusty Major" <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:45:17 -0600
You might try adding to your vm.conf:

ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE
ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = <media.server.domain.com> What ever your fully qualified name is for the media or master server
ACS_SSI_SOCKET =  <media.server.domain.com> 13741

-sj

>>> Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com> 10/3/2011 12:03 PM >>>

Hi All,

Fresh install of NBU 7.1 with ACSLS 8.0.2, both on Solaris 10. I am unable to get NBU to communicate with ACSLS without forcing the port to communicate over in vm.conf (ACS_CSI_HOSTPORT). This works fine until the ACSLS application is restarted and the port changes.

I noticed with NBU version 7.1.0.0, MM and ACS daemons would not even start up, but when I patched to 7.1.0.2, all the appropriate daemons started, but there was still no communication with ACSLS without the above mentioned vm.conf entry. ACSLS is configured with default settings.

I have an ACSLS 8.0.2 server working with NBU version 6.5.x without any issues (same default ACSLS settings and no entries in VM.CONF).

Has anyone run across this and have any pointers?

Thanks,

-Rusty