Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DFSR and NetBackup -- Does it work for you?

2011-09-28 11:14:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DFSR and NetBackup -- Does it work for you?
From: Van Liempt <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 06:53:21 -0700
We have an eerily similar issue for one of my clients.  The backup takes
approximately 30 hours to complete, and the DFSR backups through VSS are hit or
miss.  The Symantec support guys are just as baffled as I am.  Call #3 to
support finally got me to "The Guy" who let me in on the truth.  Symantec isnt
any good at dealing with DFSR.

His suggestion was to back up the DFS folders using UNC versus through VSS.
This has worked, but still sucks as a solution.