Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing BCV SAN Mount Points - Best Options

2011-09-27 09:46:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing BCV SAN Mount Points - Best Options
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: Patrick <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:46:30 +0000
We have such scripts originally written for EMC BCV.   We also have adapted
them to do Hitachi Shadow Image which is a similar technology.   They do use
VxVM and VxFS commands and run on HP-UX.   They could probably be adapted to
Solaris so long as it was running VxVM/VxFS as well.   The key however would be
to be sure your underlying files used with the scripts have the correct disks
for the operations.   It would really suck to do the wrong disks or worse yet
do the copy in the wrong direction.

You don't really have to do all this with VxVM/VxFS though - anything that lets
you mount/unmount mirrors would likely work such as LVM on HP-UX or Linux but
of course the commands would be different.   I'm pretty sure that years ago we
did something similar on HP-UX LVM at another job.