Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpcd 13782 - drops connection from master server

2011-09-16 13:04:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpcd 13782 - drops connection from master server
From: brettkan <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:41:08 -0700
The issue - when master server initiates a session to client on port 13782, it
drops immediately.  Thus, bkps are not running.  We are migrating clients off
an old NetBackup server to this new server.

Tests done:
1-client can telnet to master server on ports 13782 (and maintains connection)
2-master server can still connect to port 13782 on other clients (80+ clients
are working without issue)
3-master server can telnet to other NetBackup service port 13724 on client (and
maintains connection)
4-old NetBackup master server can telnet to ports 13724, 13782 on client (and
maintains connection)

Steps taken:
1-restarted NetBackup services on client
2-no firewalls or ACLs exist between client and master server.
3-reinstalled the NetBackup client
4-verified routes, bp.conf, services started

Has anyone ever deal with something like this before?  Looking for any ideas.
Network team, server groups and Symantec not sure of issue.

Thanks,
Brett