Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VMWARE bug in NB 7.1/7.0.1

2011-09-16 04:07:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VMWARE bug in NB 7.1/7.0.1
From: Praveen Gupta <Praveen_Gupta AT symantec DOT com>
To: David McMullin <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 01:07:25 -0700
David,

>>> In the meantime, I'd say we'll certainly want to make sure to disable the
>>> "Exclude unused and deleted blocks" option on all of our VMware backups
>>> ASAP.
You can contact support referring the "TECH160324" and ask them for engineering
binary to protect you.
The issue doesn't affect NBU 7.0/7.0.1 GA.
It does affect 7.1 GA but binaries are available to resolve this.

Which Netbackup version you are using on vmware backup host and have you
deployed any EEBs on it.

---
Thanks & regards,
Praveen Gupta