Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-5 Question

2011-09-14 13:35:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-5 Question
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:34:45 -0400
Depending on your environment, you can define it in your vm.conf

# cat /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf
ACS_UNKNOWN=HCART
ACS_LTO_1_5T=HCART

I have an acsls, so that is how it is defined. I chose hcart, since I was not
using it already.

Apparently there is no hard and fast rule yet about LTO5, so you can define it
as you wish...

You just need to define everything else as well - drives, storage, pools,
groups, etc for the new type.

You can define it temporarily in your inventory barcode rules, but in my
experience that is not permanent.